February 2, 2011

Via Margutta




















These pictures were taken in Rome last spring on my and my husband's second visit there.
They're all about via Margutta.

Via Margutta is famous partly because the film "Roman Holiday" was shot in 1950'.
And the reason why I strolled the street is just because I've adored Audrey Hepburn for long time.
The street is located just off the Spanish Steps.

Though the first motivation came from such girl's fanatical adoration for her star, It was clear that I'd come to fall in love with this street because of its plenty greens if there'd not been any other reasons.
On the street, I enjoyed the fresh light and air.
I didn't expect this type of pleasure there since the place is just the center of Rome.
It's quite a hidden forest in the middle of the big city.

I highly recommend you to stop by this pretty and cozy street when you're in Rome.

2 comments:

akanée said...

My longing for Italy has been getting deeper and deeper. I have wanted to visit Rome and southern Italy for these few months especially, but I've decided to first visit Paris before falling love with Italy indeed;DD Well, France is the country I've dreamed of since I was a kid, but I'm not sure if my love will get stronger or weaker after my trip to Paris. Who knows? ;P

BTW, I LOVE today's photos! I am deadly attracted by ivy. And I LOVE the feel and colors of Kodachrome 64!! That film goes best with scenery in Europe, I think))

tomily said...

>hi, akane-chin.
so, the growing wish for visiting italy is same on me.
recently i came across a lot of travel programs on tv which feature italy, and with every one of them my wish has been growing and growing.
actually i listen to the italian radio program once in a while to feel italy! (even though i don't understand italian. ;P)

i've known that you've yearned france for a long time, and wondered why you haven't been there in spite of your rich international trip experiences!!

thank you for noticing the film type!
yeah, i agree with you, i loved to shoot kodachrome in italy, but oh sad, poor kodachrome, you've totally gone!!!