February 8, 2011

Cozy winter days








Hi, friends.
How've you been doing lately?
Did you get any tiny signs of coming spring?
I had a few.
One is a pretty Saturday with rather warm air last weekend and another is the symptoms of my husband's nasty allergy.
I feel the air is getting softer and softer day by day, and noticing that is one of the prettiest events of the year for me.

These pictures were taken this winter.
From the top to the bottom, 1- an inspiration wall in my studio, 2- a cyclamen that my friend gave me for the new home, 3- a large grapefruit and 2 persimmons by the window, 4- our 8 year old cat, Hamme loved sitting on my husband's lap while we're eating, 5- a rose tree in the garden with a light snow, 6- milk was napping on our bed.

We didn't have much to do these winter days, but we enjoyed our new life in the new home together.
We started to feel the ultimate coziness here.


Making an inspiration wall is always fun.
Since I've been a collector of pretty postcards since a child, do photography myself, and some of my friends are genius photographers and crocheters and those sort, I'm never short of art works to make the wall.
An inspiration wall is not necessarily full of stuff gives me mere inspiration but love, too.
Winter is such season people pile up their motivation to create something in coming seasons, reorganizing one's possession and making sure what they really want to create by making an inspiration wall are very suitable activity in winter, I think.


When I got a pot of cyclamen from one of my friends, to be honest to you, I was puzzled with it.
Since I came to be aware what I liked or disliked, I haven't felt even tiny fondness for cyclamen, or rather felt unwelcome to the indescribable balance of its gaudy flowers and the deep and dark leaves.
I remember that I told my friend a thanking word with a best smile as I could make at that time in spite of the difficulty.
After that, I kept considering how to live with it in my room ( as you can easily imagine, its pink was standing alone like a girl who would never be the part of fellows in a class room.).
It's not true if I say I never thought of eliminating the plant which would have withered from the room superficially because of the way of nature, but actually the owner's apparent intention.
As I was considering that way, I actually kept watering and clipping its finished flowers.
And one day I came up with the idea to replant it in the old tin plate bucket which I bought several years ago in a local antique shop.
I wrote some words with tiffany green paint on the side, and made it looked much prettier and hippier.
This way she's surely become a part of our family.


I like our 3 cats being relaxed at their each favorite places alone, and also I love them having contacts with my husband and me in their own ways.
Hamme is a guy to feel awkward to be with human beings all the time, but he loves to sit on my husband's crossed legs on the chair, sniff the food out of mere curiosity and never eats, gaze what's going on at the table without any interest.
I know how it works for him.
He knows that the body temperature is going up slightly while people are eating, and he enjoys very the warmth produced that way.
Especially in winter.


Winter is the cold season, but I don't dislike its cold color.
I love the transparent bluish air outside and inside. ( just as seen in the 3rd, 5th and 6th pictures.)



I liked winter this way this year.
And now I'm looking forward to living in warm Spring.
I'm so ready.

No comments: