February 14, 2011

A red toaster and bagels




Hi, friends.
You might have seen these pictures sometime past in my either blogs, but I dare to drag them in here for today's talk about bagels.

The other day when I was looking over one of my everyday blog readings, I came across one enticing topic.
That said "the great bagel debate", and as soon as I recognized it, I couldn't help poking my head into there.
The article consists of the writer's insistence over toasting a bagel and inquiries made for several bagel makers mainly around NY area.
As I've been kinda fanatic of bagels for last 5~6 years, it was worth reading.

It began with one declaration of not toasting bagels if they're fresh.
And he also said that if bagels are not fresh, they're not worth to be eaten.

Then question.
What should people do with not-fresh bagels if they live in such cities or towns that don't offer fresh bagels every morning everywhere.
Well, as I myself is such a person who brought a red toaster with me to the vacation to the remote area made with a car in last summer, and was fully satisfied with not-fresh nor artistically made ones.
Of course, idealistically speaking, I wish I could follow the way the guy (writer) insists, but my situation doesn't allow me to do so.

Besides the guy's ideal world, I was interested in the inquiry made for one bagel maker who is actually Jews.
He confessed that he himself toasts his bagels! ( I think almost everyone knows bagels' origin is in Jew countries.)
Real Jews, Real New Yorkers, and real way to eat bagels!
Where and what is real??


All in all, I believe every food matters are 80~90 % personal thing.
They're depending on individuals.
They're just preference.
I think I'll bring my red toaster with me in vacations in future if they'll be made by a car, and be willing to eat mass-produced-not-fresh-bagels!






p.s.
I can't believe, but I've just started to bring a digital camera into my photography life.
I've been disliking it for quite a long time and try to avoid to use it as if i'd thought it would take my pure soul away from this world.
But some changes recently made gave me to take an opportunity to enter into the current stream.
I'm enjoying taking pictures with it by setting all the feature manual mode, and I'm vigorously uploading them onto my new creation "flower child express".
If you have some spare time, let's check it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that top photo.

digital has a completely different feeling to me, too. Its a love-hate relationship.

tomily said...

hi, tim!
thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.

i know how you love film photography, and i love your pretty works very much because i'm always able to feel love from them. :)
actually i'm struggling to seek how to get well with a digital camera, and i almost give up!!