February 18, 2011

Random thoughts and a bit about pockets



I've had quite strange weather for last two days.
It rained, sleeted, even hailed, sometimes shone with the bright Sun, but mostly cloudy.
It's rapidly changed and so has my emotion.
Busy days.


- I wished I had a lot of pockets with me.
I'm not talking about my clothes, but myself.
I have a lot of thoughts to be thought everyday, and I don't want to give up thinking about those, but am just short of time and energy both.
Then I thought if i had a lot of pockets that I can store them for some time after fold all them down to small.
Even though they are sorrow, worriment, and that sort of things.
They all are important things that feed me, but I just can't handle them right now.


- Then I remembered that I thanked pockets on my clothes when I was a child.
Since I was a very picky girl for my food, I had a lot of food that I wasn't able to accept.
Whenever I had meat on my plates at school lunch, I put them into my both right and left pockets on a jacket.
I can't or don't want to imagine that now, and my mom had been astonished and stumped by that strange habit of mine, but young me appreciated my pockets as if it had been a life line.
Of course, I don't do that now though I still don't eat meat.
I have a right to say "I don't eat meat." now.
I'm glad to be an adult.


- Sometimes I notice that pockets on my clothes and aprons ate some food, like 2 grains of rice, a chip of bread, a piece of cabbage, and so on.
When I found them, they are totally dried out and shrunk.
And I heard someone tweeted on its Twitter page that "the food you find sticking on your elbow must be emergency provision.".
I love that idea so much.


-When I start to think about something, like pockets this time, I'm inclined to think about all the possible consideration over the thing.
So I've been thinking about pockets all the day today.


Have a pretty weekend, friends!

2 comments:

Jen said...

i really like how this entry went from talking about pockets in a figurative way regarding your emotions, to literal with having pockets on your clothes.

i'm very much a fan of pockets on my clothes. i don't like not having pockets because i find i need to put something in them all the time, like keys or my glasses. i also find it a comfort just to have a place to put my hands.

tomily said...

>hi, jen. :))
thank you for your kind word.
yeah, i'm sometimes at loss where i should put my bored hands, and i wish if i had pockets on my clothes if not.
i know how pockets give me secured feeling, as well as you do.:)