February 16, 2011

Today's thought and an outline over the changes (so far)




Today the temperature has dropped down a bit, I'm watching it's sleeting lightly.
Cold, gray and closed.
Complete cliches for this winter.

But I'm not actually bored with these, because I know I'll soon miss these in cheerful spring and summer days.
And I've been thinking about a lot of things lately and my heart has been taken over and messed around by those, I rather feel comfortable with this cheap last winter day.

As some of you've known that I've made some changes lately, I've been thinking about those aimlessly.
Am I right in those?, am I OK with those?, where am I going to?, is this what I really want?, and so on.
Every single questions that were made for me by me are roughly same.






I've kept on putting myself apart from the world which technology takes over for quite some time.
Even though my second photography life started with a Nikon digital camera several years ago, I soon gave up with it because I wasn't able to feel comfortable.
Old cameras compensated me for the awkward feeling, and I swore i'd go with old analog cameras forever.
As I've been in that promise, I've also always been in wonder if the decision is really meaningful.
Sticking only with old school and keeping on being stubborn are good idea?

Then recently.
I suddenly shifted my idea which have dominated me for so long slightly to the milder attitude.
And I've just started to use a digital camera, made a Tumblr account to upload digital photos, got a Twitter account to announce my most current activities and also to be connected to interesting people, started to make an inspiration board on web with Pinterest.
I know, so much changes were made at the same time.

Some of you might have been disappointed with such my radical attitude.
Since I've been stubborn to go with old school in every aspects other than owning 2 blogs, those who have felt comfortable with such my position might have felt left behind or deceived softly but with an enormous impact.
I know, I know, friends, how you're feeling.
Because I've been such a person who had been softly crushed same way.

There're some to tell you.
To my surprise, I'm feeling good with the changes.
To be honest with you, I haven't changed my style though a lot of technological method have entered in my life now.
As long as I keep on using a digital camera in all manual mode (no aperture/shutter speed priority, no auto focus, no bracketing), it's fine to use a digital camera. (Only feature I appreciate is the setting for a white balance. That's really nice, I think. )
I haven't changed the way how to use a camera from when I only used manual cameras.
As long as I don't rely too much on Twitter to connect with people, it's also fine to tweet or to hear people's tweets.
Actually some of tweets make me laugh loud, and I want to say thanks to those who make my days cheerful. (FYI, I'm really really enjoying tweets from Moomin!! )

Actually I don't know how long I'll keep all these, because I'm just at the start point.
But I know that I'll keep on using my old cameras and loving those and pictures they render.
I just quit to hate technology.
I just quit to be stubborn and old.
Could you understand me?

Oh, I haven't mentioned about today's pictures any.
They were all taken last year with one of my favorite Polaroid camera, Polaroid 180.
It takes peel-apart films, and my most favorite peel-apart film is this "blue" film.
I know how pictures on papers are pretty like this way. :)


4 comments:

akanée said...

As long as you find it enjoyable, it's good:))
BTW you got a new digital camera? How do you like it? Wanna see photos you took with it!

tomily said...

Welcome back to Japan and this place!
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your precious sx-70 in Paris, but I also liked how you accepted and understood the incident.
I hope someone is affectionate with the camera, too.

So, I've been afraid that you're disappointed to know all the changes that I made during your absence.
Yeah, I myself am doing OK so far.

Maybe you might've not known this, mori-chan and I both started our second photographic life with Nikon digital cameras, and then sifted to manual cameras suddenly as for me, gradually him.
So there're two Nikon digital cameras in our home and a lot of Nikkor lenses, too. :)

Jen said...

change is never a bad thing, it just takes getting used to. and refusing to be stubborn is good.

what is your twitter name? i'm louveciennes.

tomily said...

>jen, thank you for your encouragement.
i've been so nervous how it's gonna turn out.
we live in a really busy world, don't we?
i'm sometimes confused how i find my way.
you're right, refusing to be stubborn is good thing as long as we wish getting well with the world now we're in.
thanks, now my tense is bit calmed down. :)

also thank you for asking about my twitter name!
mine is tomily_fc, and oh, you can go there just by clicking the bird on the right edge of this page.
but i'm sorry that my tweets are almost all japanese!
but tweets also include the notice of publishing new posts of my two blogs and tumblr.