February 28, 2011

Outing








Hi.
Today I'm happy to begin a week with these pictures taken on the weekend.
On the past Saturday and Sunday the temperature was quite low as teens, but we had a plenty of sunshine on both days.
So in spite of the cold air, my husband and I were drawn to the outside by the bright Sun.

A several days ago I told you that I've recently made some changes, like having had an account with Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr, and maybe the biggest change of all is having started to use a digital camera.
For me all the changes connect closely each other, because I started the one and then the next was followed one by one kinda necessary way.
I started to be adjust to these new things at the same time, and then now I'm facing the difficulty to manage them.
The biggest problem here is this; I can't feel joy with taking pictures with a digital camera.

I started to have that feeling a few days ago, and I suddenly started to take a lot of film pictures with my old cameras.
I put my head into the closet to find some of my old 35mm film cameras, then I'm using them in turn.
I think I'm doing that maybe because I need to feel again how film pictures are pretty, how I love film pictures, how fun taking pictures with old film cameras is, and so on.

So the bright sunny days of the weekend was such a prettiest gift could've been given to me if any.
I brought different film cameras with me all through the weekend, and took a lot of pictures and got them developed quickly.

As I told you in my area the weather is sill of winter, and we don't have a lot of color outside.
So I tried to collect cheerful color and pretty objects, and those are in the pictures up there.
All these were taken on Saturday and to tell the truth it was quite tough for us to take a walk and take some pictures because of the low temp.
But the pictures taken totally paid off the effort, I think.

I'm looking forward to outings when some signs of the coming spring start to show up.
And...... I'm still not sure how I'm going to do with all tech things and a digital camera.
Maybe you'll ridicule me of my incomplete changes, and I'd rather be happy with it because that's just the way how I'll be if I choose the way which is comfortable for me.


Have a good start of the week, friends. :))

3 comments:

Jen said...

These photos are lovely Tomily! They are quite colorful and cheerful looking. Glad you got outside to enjoy the sunshine :)

akanée said...

I never expected you'd be satisfied with using a digital camera;D That was just the case with me; I soon get sick of using my E-P1;D But you could say my case was because the camera has no view finder. I'll need a digital SLR for other purpose than my love of photography, so I ordered a "proper" DSLR with a view finder;DD
I don't think I'll have as much fun as with film camera, but it'll meet my need to practice more.

Strange thing is, I reactivated my Facebook account! And now I've found out the reason why I don't like Facebook or Twitter, but I'll keep (or rather "leave" is more appropriate?) the account this time (though I don't think I'll restart twitter).

Todays photos feel a bit different from your usual photos! It's because you sought colors consciously? Or it's just that I feel that way? I love the clear and strong expression of them:))

tomily said...

>hi, jen.
thank you for a kind comment as always. :))
yeah, though the season didn't allow me to find a lot of color from nature, but i fortunately found some of cheerfulness from people's places.
i can't wait to have good outings in new neighborhood after spring comes!

>hi, akane-chin.
oh, i didn't know that e-p1 doesn't have a view finder!!!!!
that's a very very big problem, isn't that??
i'm just curious about what brand and make of dslr you bought. :)

so the reason why you felt my pictures here are bit different than usual is this.
1, i used iso400 film. (it was rare for me, 'cause i always use less than 100.) 2, then i had a plenty of sunshine on this day. 3, so i had to stop the aperture down and increase the shutter speed.
now you know what? :)
they're clear and have more detail because of shutter speed and the aperture. ;P
i know, i know, they even give me kinda unfamiliar feeling.