December 9, 2010

a squirrel notebook



since i was a kid, i have had an unchangeable weakness for stationery.
especially for notebooks.
even if i don't really know how i'll use them for, i can't help myself from buying pretty notebooks.
i like the ones simply bound, rather thin, with inside pages free from any illustrations, and with a front page with a little pretty image and printed letters.
so, the one in the picture above is the perfect for me!

hi, friends.
today's story is about notebooks.
because i love to write something on notebooks at the table, i don't think this topic is inadequate for this blog even though here is the place mostly talked about food, isn't it? ;)

the size of the squirrel notebook is about 5'x7', and i bought that together with a bit bigger one with a deer image (about 7'x10') in its front.
they are from anthropologie about 1 year and some ago.
i seldom buy or am not fond of their clothes for some reasons, but i like to visit the store because of their stationery selection.
for those don't have this chain store nearby, i'll attach another link of their online shopping page for stationery.
not all are my taste, but i can find some of those hit my point.

in this connection i must add that the most regrettable fact about having chosen to live in the u.s. is that it's not easy to get pretty stationery as i was able to do in japan.

ok, let's go back to the original topic.
my husband and i have almost finished with the deer notebook.
i decided to follow his suggestion of using that as an our event record of 2010.
we filled it with the information for the trip to italy, some camera and lens research, occasional wishing lists, some curious drawings, and last but not least all about buying a house.
i'm so satisfied with the result of the deer note.

now, i've just started to use the squirrel one.
i'd been thinking about how to use it for long, but the idea was handed down on me 2~3 days ago.
first 5~6 pages have been filled with the information about house plants.
each pages contain one plant and tell how to care it .
after moving into the new home, i've added pretty house plants one by one, and now the number of the plants has come something.
i thought i need to know the right care for them not to lose them.
and i remembered the squirrel notebook lying around a bookcase in my room.
i thought i'd never come up with the better idea than using it for "a plant note".

every time i write something in the notebook, i sit at the table with gazing at the plants sitting by the window.
i love those moment and hope the note will be filled with a lot of plant's names in future.

2 comments:

akanée said...

I really appreciate your updating your blogs almost daily except for weekends:) It's my pleasure. But excuse me for leaving comments on each post. I hope I am not annoying you.

I visited the site you bought your lovely notebooks. I love the items, not that I love all, ;there are many nice-looking clothes that I really love. (I'm saying this looking at their "PANTS" pages and "SWEATERS" page:) But I feel their combinations are not all very good; I mean I don't like some of them very much. They look odd, ill-assorted for me.
BTW in the hobbies & leisures I found a lot of lovely things! The yellow telephone and the blue radio are the tops! The prices are beyond me, though;DDD

The notebooks is really nice! I feel I have seen the same one before. I bet you have your favorite fountain pen or some pencil, no? I love notebooks too but I don't write as I used to do. So I might as well not buy any more notebooks. (In fact I'll find some if I search the mess in my room! ;DD)

Enjoy your weekend!

tomily said...

hi, akane-chin.
you're such sweet as always to tell me such kind word!
you're annoying me???
no, nooooooooooo, no!!
you've never done annoy me!

so, it's really good to hear that you "kinda" enjoyed the link page.
yeah, as you felt, some of items and combination are ok, but some of them are far from ok, arn't they?
i think if i can give them a comment in japanese, the word must be "bimyo".;P
but sometimes somehow, they can be very fresh for me in terms of "unexpectedness"!

so, i went to the substantial store in my town last saturday, but i couldn't find anything enticing.
as you've noticed, their price for stationery is fairly expensive, so i hardly buy other than on sale.
and finding something worth to get from sale items is very tough!

it may sound odd, i don't care about my pen at all! ;P
probably because i'm afraid i might leave them somewhere carelessly.
for notebooks, i'm sure i'll never forget them whenever wherever!