December 13, 2010

it was an unusual incident for me.


(taken with nikon fe2 on kodak 400nc)
... to have chosen a piece of vintage blanket over a piece of vintage plate and a mug cup.

hi, friends.
how was your weekend?
i can easily guess that most of you felt to be hastened by something somehow, but hope you had a good rest.
for me, it was a relaxed and nice one fortunately.

so, as i told you first, i bought a pretty vintage blanket made in england, and gave up to buy another old plate and mug cup yesterday.
i've never thought i'd done such thing.
vintage hardware is my another weakness in shopping. (what is the "one"?, if you want to ask me that, you'll be able to get the answer for that in the last post.)
i don't want to say that i'm a collector, but i consistently love them.
btw, the plate in the above picture was one of old plates i possess.
it was first introduced here in this post.
the love letter from one gentleman to one lady is still in the back. (i've been making effort not to wash that out since then.)

the plate i was supposed to buy yesterday was utterly my type.
it was made in japan and blue roses and their vine were beautifully hand painted by the authentic craftsman.
i was not sure how old it is, but i don't care such thing.
though i slightly incline toward made-in-england plates, only thing i care when i buy them is pattern.
i love both simple and decorative ones, and colorful and monotone ones, so it just depends on my subtle taste for pattern.
yesterday's was just desireble to obtain without any doubt for me.
i was really supposed to buy that.

speaking about the mug cup i once held in my hand yesterday, it was the one i usually buy "automatically".
i can't explain why, but i love fire king very much.
and of all fire king series, i have the biggest weakness for "jade-ite" line.
i met the jade-ite mug cup (in the linked page, the milky green ones) with an affordable price tag yesterday.
jade-ite line usually has rather expensive transactional price tags, but i never reached ones with such price tags. (for me, the listed prices in the link page are of unthinkable.)
i seldom pay more than $10 for each pieces.
well, the price depends on which market place you're in, and i think i'm so lucky to be able to obtain them easily at very affordable price at a nearby local antique shop.
but against the favorable situation of yesterday, the jade-ite mug didn't come to me.
as i have a tight budget for my pleasure of antique shopping, i wasn't able to allow me to have all at once.
to tell the truth, i didn't buy a plate or mug cup, but bought a stuffed bear besides. :P
i can't explain why, again, i've had obsession with stuffed animals, especially secondhand ones.
i wanted the stuffed bear with the blanket and had both of them finally over the plate and the mug.

my first job of the week was washing the blanket and bathing the bear.
i think this is the prettiest job to be done on monday.
i hope you're having a pretty monday as well.

2 comments:

akanée said...

I just can't wait to see the teddy and the blanket!!

That jade-ite mug is soooo pretty! OH, now you reminds me! There is a kind of cafe near Ookubo-ji temple, Kagawa, where you can see a collection of Fire King. I'm not interested in the brand, but I enjoyed seeing it and light meal with Fire King table ware. I even felt like some of the mugs. (didn't seem like they sold them. they only have them in a cupboard and let us see them)

I don't want to be a night owl, but tonight I am awake to see Gemini meteor shower;p

tomily said...

hi, akane-chin :))
yes, the new teddy is perfectly pretty!!
i can't tell she's really old or not because she doesn't have any tag with her.
do you remember my "usako-chan"?
she's so cute and cheap. ( i got her for only $3!!)
new teddy, who i've named her "kumako-chan", is as cute and cheap as usako-chan!! (i paid $4 for kumako-chan. ;P)

i was really surprised with your information about the cafe-like shop near ookubo-ji!!
i noticed that some small and cozy places have been added around east kagawa area, and they really induce me to want to visit there.
but you know, i don't have any available car in japan, and that inhibits me to make that wish comes true.
well, guessing how much they paid for their fire king collection makes me feel a bit awkward though. ;P

so, did you see any shooting star?
i've known that we can watch them if weather permits, but i don't think i can do that here!
it's all raining yesterday and today!!