December 14, 2010

random thoughts


(taken with hasselblad 500c on fuji 400nc)
hi.
today, i don't have much to say.
so i'll list up some random thoughts with a picuture i came across.

- last night, i was woken by dull pain with my chest in the wee hour.
i can't explain what it was.
it was tough to go back to sleep and i tossed myself about in the bed.
then i threw my pillow away and picked up one of pillows lying around the floor here and there.
i dislike my new pillow although my husband seems to like it (we bought same ones on black friday.)
i dislike it because it hasn't offered me comfortable sleep and has made my husband's snore louder.
yet, i can't explain what my chest pain was.


- i have about 10 pairs of glasses.
i've been wearing the red one in the picture lately.
i got it in austin, tx about 9 years ago.
it seems that my bad vision hasn't been worsened since then.
lucky me.


- i've been apprehensive about one of my cats' eating habit lately.
she's the smallest one of all 3 cats, and second oldest one, 6 years old.
she weighed only 6lb when we adopted her at a shelter about 2 years ago.
in spite of her small and skinny body, she showed us how she was glutton after coming to our home.
then she gained 3lb, and she started to look normally curvy.
and now, she seems to be distracted during her meal time. (i feed them twice a day, 6am and 6pm.)
she shows full appetite while i'm preparing to feed, and starts to eat willingly, but quits in the middle with about half the food still left.
.....
ok, the problem has been solved, i think.
while i'm writing, i had an impulse to look closely about their food nutrition and the serving suggestion.
and i found i was wrong.
i noticed that the dry food now i feed them has much higher calorie than the one i used to do.
so the reaction milk has made is just right.
and this finding brought me another apprehension.
what's gonna happen to my oldest(8yrs) and biggest(16lb!) cat who didn't change his intake after the change of the food??
omg.


- after moving in the new home, my husband and i haven't eaten out any.
because of our diet and my preference, we've rarely eaten out for our dinner all the time.
but we liked to go to coffee houses or bakeries for our lunch weekend.
before, we used to live a bit far away from downtown.
so every time we went downtown area for working in a darkroom, hanging around saturday market, and some other reasons, we'd prefer to stay in downtown and have light meal at pretty places.
then now we live really close to downtown, i can't find the excuse to go to such places.
maybe next spring or so, when i come not to mind paying $20 or so for cafe food, we'll go there.
now, i really mind $20 because of the new home!
so please allow me to dig old pictures of cafe scenes up and paste them here. ;P (yes, today's was taken on someday in the past i can't remember.)


- i've just used up the precious film which has been destined to vanish.
its name is "kodachrome".
only one lab in the world (it's in kansas.) can develop it, and they've already announced they'll quit to accept it at the end of this year.
now, i'm relieved that i'm in time for shipping all my exposed kodachrome to them, and sad to have said good-bye forever to my favorite film as well.
i can't help but heave a sigh for the irresistible force toward the digital generation.
i admit that i'm stubborn and outdated.



it's been raining all the day today.
it is another gray day.
hope you'll find cheerful color in your day.
see you later.

2 comments:

akanée said...

Awww... good old Kodachrome!! (sob)
I haven't been able to get that film for a very long time here, and I have used it only a few rolls, but I do miss it so much. Very sad. Just sad.
You know, I use Olympus E-p1, my Zeiss lenses adapted, but the more I use the camera, the less I love it. Wish I could afford to develop film myself.
I have been feeling the wind, so I have many rolls piled up. And of course I don't go out for cafe. 1,000 yen at a cafe seems rather expensive for me now! haha.

It's very cloudy here though it's not raining. This weather seems to continue till tomorrow. So I don't have any chance of seeing meteor shower tonight.
But I did see some shooting stars last night! It was very vaporous but powerful. I felt as if I could hear the roar of the stars.

tomily said...

hey, akane-chin.:))
yeah, we are losing film and photo papers day by day nowadays.
it's really sad.
i think the more i love film photography, the more i want to resist the irresistible force of digital.
and that way, i always regard using a digital camera as kinda betraying the faith in film photography.
i know it's very old and stubborn idea, but i can't help.

yeah, i was surprised you bought new digital pen at the time.
as i understood that you had your own idea for your photography and added the item into your gear collection, i'm sorry to hear that you don't feel comfortable using it.
are you gonna trade that to other old cameras or keep that for a while?

oh, one thing about meteor shower.
as i go to bed rather early in the night and wake up very early in the morning, i hope i could see that in the middle of the day!!