November 18, 2010

welcome to my home -finale-



hi.
how was your weekend?
i had some snow over the weekend and also had pretty fire in the fire place on sunday.
gazing how fire dancing with snow quietly falling down outside was really something.
i loved that.
(though the room smells smoky today.;P)

today i don't have much to talk about my new place.
i think i introduced most of the rooms and area in my new home to you.
yet, i needed this post as a finale of the series.

my intention for having this series is letting you know about the background which stories over the food i'll talk about in future take place in.
as the food matter is so closely related to person's life style, i thought doing this is going to help you to understand the stories more precisely.



i like the dining area the most in my home.
all the cats and i are always around there.
actually i'm sitting on the dining chair and doing this.
the dining table is usually used as a working desk as well as an eating table.
i love 1 or 2 of my cats always sitting and sleeping on dining chairs under the table quietly and i'm doing something.

for me, dining area has been something beloved for long, i chose this pretty antique light fixture at my favorite antique store before i moved in.
i loved this one at first sight.
it had me imagine of north eastern european country's, like norway, finland and sweden's', dining area.
it is so classic and full of love.

because it's been mostly cloudy or rainy this fall, and the inside of the house has always been dimmed.
so i have left this light on almost all through the day, and it makes me feel warmed and relieved.

i'll tell you the stories which are going to be born here.
and i hope you are reminded of this light by those stories.


next time, i'll post something about food.
see you soon.

No comments: