November 23, 2010

maybe i'll eat ...


(taken with polaroid 680 on px-color film)

eggs.
for my lunch today.

hi.
it's bitter cold (described that way in today's paper) outside, mildly cold inside.
and i'm wanting eggs.


(taken with polaroid 680 on px-color)

i like 2 poached eggs on 2 slices of well toasted halved whole wheat english muffin with slices of tomato and fresh basil.
fluffy white and slightly trickling yolk when opened are very good.
i'm sure they're going to make me feel satisfied and warm all through the cold afternoon.


btw, are you ready for your thanksgiving food?
i'm not, not at all.
actually i don't know what i should fix to celebrate that special day.
i've been always like that for last 10 years in the u.s..
i have some excuse for that.
so, i'm not familiar with that tradition, my husband i are vegetarian and we don't have family reunion here ( not the party time at all).
i have felt a bit lonely with this kind of traditional holiday, but i'm ok.
i have my husband and 3 cats by me, maybe pot-au-feu is nice to have for dinner, and having some glasses of red wine around the fire place sounds pretty.

i hope you'll have a pretty holiday.
stay warm and keep away from extra pounds!

2 comments:

akanée said...

I love egg too! I love "tamago" even more: don't you think the sounds lovelier and yummier?;DD
Now I'll have my sunny-side-up though my back pain aches badly...!

I forgot to say this about the pic on your another blog: I love the squirrel in the snow! Sooo lovely! and it makes me think of what is life.

tomily said...

hi, akane-chin!
i've been so sorry for your terrible back pain.
the more i visit your blog, i notice the more you look suffering from the pain.
i sincerely hope you'll get better soon.

yeah, i agree with you about how the word "tamago" sounds!
it's much prettier than "egg".
i also love to take the photo of "tamago" as well as eating it. :))

thank you for the kind word for the picture in another blog.
i feel the same way as you when i come across the scene like that.
we learn a lot of important things from those little creatures, don't we? :))