July 29, 2010

where is my favorite bagel?


(taken with sx-70 on polaroid 600)

hi.
i don't know if i should apologize this or not, but now i 'm unprecendentedly a frequent blogger ever since this place was opened.
and i'm kind of sorry for the people who are expecting me to update a new post every once in a while or rather once in a blue moon.

so, why am i doing this?
that's an easy question.
i'm ridiculously apprehensive of the number of the post listed under the archive on the side bar.
i sometimes failed but i've tried to keep to make the number of at least 3~4 for each months as possible as i can.
this month, i almost failed, but now i'm making up for at the last minute.
and although i don't know what i've been trying this for, and what this is going to bring me, i dare not to care about these question.
please allow me for this whimsical and ununderstandable attitude, and i hope you patiently keep up with my scattered posts.


well, let's talk about bagels.
as some of readers here have already known about it, i've been a big fan of bagels.
and there used be my most favorite bagels, but they are gone now.
they were baked at a super market next to my apartment ( how it was convenient!), but they changed their famous ( to me, at least) bagel's dough.
i'm sure this incident must be one of the biggest 10 news of the year for me, and i was crushed so hardly such way.
no more my most favorite bagels in the world.
that's sad.
simply saddest.

since that nightmare happened, i tried to accept this sadness in an adult like way ( if i had been allowed to do that, i must have cried and yelled and thrashed around from the biggest chagrin in front of the bakery corner of the super market in a childish way.).
i have kept searching for next my favorite bagels.
and so far, that research has not fruited.
i know that it's going to take some time, and i shouldn't be impatient, but it's really challenging.
if you have kindly read the second last post, you've already known that i kind of believe the power of breakfast.
and as my breakfast is always with a bagel, this situation is tough.
poor me.

well, i'm going to keep on doing this reserch (or i'd rather call this a "mission".).
sometime soon, i'll make a report about this.


thank you for having spared your time for me.
see you soon.

chao.

2 comments:

akanée said...

Thanks for giving a reply on the previous post here;) You could leave it, but you are nice enough not to. Thanks:))

Today's post is on my favorite theme; bagel! I'm not so familiar nor experienced with bagels as you (in fact the first bagel I ate about 5 or 6 years ago! ;D) , but still it's my favorite bread, I can say. I got some bagels from a friend the other day, I enjoyed them and thought of you indeed! I wanted to hear what you'd say to eat the bagels. They were good, yummy, sincere bagels;)

I really hope from the bottom of my heart that you'll find your dream bagel soon! Oh, you don't make some yourself any longer? I wondered what the bagel you made with "sake-kasu" yeast tasted like.

BTW, I LOVE the photo on the today's post on ft:) I really need the Time Zero film, but it's impossible now, so I need the new film, PX-70! Hmm, it's so so expensive...!:((

Oh, and I do hope you won't leave your wallet behind! :DD
Have a nice weekend!

tomily said...

>akane-chin,
oh, you're such a nice girl to give me that kind words!
but do you notice that i still left some of your comments not replied! ;P

so, to answer your question about if i bake my own bagels or not, no.
i don't bake those anymore.
or i could do that if i really need to, but currently no plan for that.
oh, do you still remember the bagels once baked by using a naturally fermented yeast?
yeah, as it sounds and makes you imagine, it needs a lot of time to bake those.
firstly i have to spend 7~10 days for preparing the natural yeast, then i knee the dough by using that and have to wait about half a day or more until the dough rises enough.
but i can tell this, those bagels are worth that all hard works!!
they are so chewy, have plenty deep flavor and cheap!!
but just no plan for now. ;P
btw, i like the expression, "sincere bagels".
that's pretty!

oh, i know that you love the blue tone on polaroids.
i love the blue film, which the pic you mentioned in your comment was taken on, in peel apart film selection the most.
it doesn't only have a strong blue tone but a matte surface.
though i'm missing a lot of disappearing famous polaroid films, i'm also excited with new px films!
yeah, i've ordered the newest color one, too!!