July 30, 2010

today's dinner is ready under the chandelier.


(taken with nikon f on kodak pro 160c)

hi.
today, i'm not going to say much about having been posting new posts everyday recently.
i'm just proud of myself for being a desirable blogger.
please don't tease me about this even if i quit to be after this post, kind readers!

today, i'm so thrilled with my dinner.
i have been dreaming for 3 nights what i'm going to eat tonight.
why am i thrilled so much?
because, tonight i'm going to have a dinner party whose attendant is only one person, me!
my husband is not going to participate in because he has an outdoor picnic party with his co-workers.

for some people, this may sound strange.
they probably don't understand me.
i know that, but i'm just happy to eat my dinner by myself.
because i can eat whatever and whenever i want.
i don't have to bother myself to try to fix something which is going to please the eaters (usually him and me).
every decision is on me!
what a freedom!!

as he and i seldom eat out for our dinner, that means i cook every single night.
i don't really cook with 100% of elaboration and imagination, they sometimes are very simple and easy.
but, everyday.
like people need saturday and sunday so that they feel like to work and enjoy that on coming monday, i just need those kind of rest for my cooking life.
could you understand me?

so, i feel as if today's personal dinner party would be held under the chandelier like a top picture.
very elegant and a bit decadent dinner party.
doesn't that sound cool?

i've already fixed something for the party.
i cooked eggs.
two hard boiled eggs.
i'll keep one for him for his tomorrow breakfast.
what else?
no, wait, wait!
so, this party's important part is here.
no plan, no preparation and no obligation!


have a great dinner for the celebration of the beginning of the weekend, guys!
i'll enjoy my party tonight, too. :))

2 comments:

akanée said...

The chandelier looks very american, looking like one I may have seen in an american movie or drama in the 70s:) Lovely!

I kind of understand what you're saying. I'm not married but when my father is away my mother and I can enjoy indulgent dinner;) Sometimes we start it around 5 in the afternoon, with what fixed food I buy at a deli corner of a supermarket;DD And after dinnerI while away without doing dishes.

So, you love hard-boiled egg? I love very soft-boiled egg;p Hard-boiled egg gets stuck in my throat and I always end up hiccuping.

Have a lovely laid-back weekend party:))

p.s.
It's a real shame you won't make bagels yourself any more...! (sob)

tomily said...

>hi, akane-chin! :))
yeah, you understand me very well as long as i read your story!
oh, i miss japanese "osouzai"!!!
as i live in the us, i can't trust deli food sold outside!!
that's a problem.
that's why i have to fix something everyday even though i'm not in the mood of doing so.

your story about you and your mother reminds me of one of my precious memory.
on one new year's day which came just after my dad passed away (he died in the end of Nov.), i decided to be with my mom till the new year began, not to go back to U.S.
mom and i didn't really want to celebrate the new year came, we didn't prepared much special new year's food.
instead of that, we went to the convenience store cross over the narrow road to our home, then we bought something we wanted each other.
we had settled the budget of 500yen for each person, so we tried to make the most of 500yen and hunting around in the quiet and small store.
we bought something unhealthy, useless and fun, and after back to home, we shared our harvest.
that memory was a bit sad and bitter, but yet warm.

so, how my personal party went on is reported in a newest post above!!


p.s.
yeah, i now that i should try my bagels again!
maybe after the season is suitable for doing that, i should make another challenge! :)
thank you for encouraging me!!