July 28, 2010

my red toaster was on a not my table one day.


(taken with hasselblad 500c on rdp lll)

hi.
it's still cool.
as i learned yesterday that i shouldn't blog afternoon this season, i'm blogging early in the morning today.
the tempreature is something around 70 degrees, so it's pretty comfortable.

i said in the second last post after quite a long hiatus from the third last post that i haven't had anything remarkable so far this summer in regard to how i have been up to .
and now, i have to say that it haven't been really such.
not very exciting but kind of something fun, i had at the very beginning of this month.
i traveled around south utah by driving with my husband.
i spent 4 nights there after a dreadful long drive, and needless to say, i did the same dreadful thing on my way to home.

i had known that we would not have proper breakfast on an important beginning of a day during the trip, i dared to put my 5-year-old red toaster into our luggage secretly.
i don't know how my husband felt when he found this pretty toaster, which was supposed to be on our kitchen counter, in our luggage which laid over on a collapsible chair in a hotel room, i'm confident that he must have appreciated my strange idea when we bit crisply toasted bagel for our breakfast.

for me, the most important meal of the day is breakfast.
wherever, whenever and whatever breakfast.
you can describe me as " tomily's religion is something related to breakfast."
yes, i would believe in the god of breakfast, if it existed.
so i can't make little of breakfast even though i'm not at home.


well, i was so happy that i was able to have pretty breakfast in cheap hotel rooms each days of the trip like i have everyday at my home.
the only different thing from usual mornings was that he baked a bagel for me and him.
that was wonderful!!
i had known that i would be happier with that than we ate something well-made luckily at a local cafe or something unwanted at an affordable restaurant.
something usual but just a bit unusual is very good for me when i'm in a really unusual situation like a trip. :))


dear mr. red toaster,
i met you at a small but having quite a large variety kitchen gadget shop in a small pretty town in central idaho.
as soon as i recognized you at a shelf which a lot of electric kitchen tools are arranged, i noticed i would need you in my everyday life.
now, 5~6 years have past since then, and you're still young and lovely.
i just like your job and your looks.
thank you for having given me thousands of pretty mornings. :)

sincerely yours,
tomily

2 comments:

akanée said...

Wow, you posted a new article so soon!:D
(I opened your last post in the morning, about 12 hours ago, and after having a little "utiage" party and coming home and connecting to the net, I found this new post of yours;))

The lovely red toaster really fits the strange table at the hotel room. I guess it made you at home, giving you as pretty a morning as you have had.
I envy that you have a Linus's blanket as this:)) I don't have any ritual that soothes me when I am away from home. (Oh, meeting cats can be called that in a way;)

Thanks a lot for sharing beautiful photos as always:))

tomily said...

>akane-chin,
hahaha, yeah, i'm a very very mood-swing-blogger here. ;P
i can't help laugh at your expression of "the strange table at the hotel room"!!
i like that very much!

i know that i should forget and leave my everyday's charm when i'm traveling, but i'm a kind of person who stubbornly sticks to that kind of thing!
so,Linus's blanket?, does that mean like a charm or something necessary to one's daily life?

oh, i have to say this.
i'm so sorry that i didn't reply to your pretty comments for last several posts.
i've just noticed that you left such kind words, because i seemed to change unexpectedly the settings about comments section.
i had gotten mail notices if i got comments before, but i haven't recently.
so, please allow me about this rudeness.