January 25, 2011

Crazy about eggs

I've adored eggs since I was a child.
And it's not an exaggeration to say that almost only protein I could eat in my childhood was eggs.
Though there's the time I had been apart from them for a while (4~5 years), the most powerful attraction which pulled me back to the normal diet from macrobiotic/vegan was eggs.

I know I've sometimes made the repetition of this kind of confession here.
So some of you may have been tired of hearing the same word from me.
I'm sorry for that, but as eggs have quite a big roll in my everyday life, I'll even do this sometime in future.

When I eat eggs, it is mostly at lunch time.
Since I've been very concerning about my husband's cholesterol level (he once had a much worse number than we'd been afraid.), I'd rather eat eggs for lunch by myself than for dinner together.

And when I eat my eggs for my lunch, I have the urge to take some pictures of them almost all the time.
The only thing makes me feel awkward to do it is my inner voice to tell me " hey, you took the same picture 3 days ago!"

In spite of that inner voice, I can't help but take a picture of it.
And even worse, I'm enticed to take another picture when I break an egg and find its yolk is very pretty yellow.

This way, I have a lot of same sort of pictures of my lunch with eggs.

Do you think this is kinda addiction?

2 comments:

akanée said...

I bet you've mastered the tip of making poached eggs, right? ;))
Anyway, I know you're completely addicted to eggs, and I love the way you take many many photos of them:)
Some kinds of addiction is lovely, like yours, tomilym.

tomily said...

goo'mornin', sweety!
hahaha, you remember my poached eggs problem huh? ;P
yeah, actually i haven't made them since then.
so these pics are the ones taken just before, yeah just 3~4 days before the critical accident. ;)
i thought that i'd comletely mastered the poached eggs ( they in the picture seems to be perfect, don't they?), but it was not!
that gave me a deep trauma, and officially i've been apart from poached eggs for a while.
i didn't even give them a try.

btw, eating 2 eggs at a time sounds bad for our health?
since my naturopath doctor recommended me to have 2 eggs a day, i'm willing to follow her word, but i've been afraid that is too much with regard to the colesterol level.