December 6, 2010

monday after something unusual






(taken with nikon-f on fuji superia 400)

hi.
are you having happy monday?
i like monday a lot, and didn't like it a bit as well.
monday always brings me back to the usual swing of the things, and that makes me feel so comfortable and secured.
needless to say, going back to the swing needs us to make some effort, and that makes me feel a bit tired.
but i like monday after all.

so, i had something unusual this past saturday.
i and my husband were attendants at the party thrown by my friend.
as i've never been good at participating something like that, i usually manage not to be involved in.
please don't take me wrong, i love my friends but i just don't like the "gathering".
as i'm such a girl and prefer staying at home by myself rather than going out for meeting, actually this kind of occasion doesn't occur that often.
over those background, i was somehow an occasional partygoer last saturday.
to be an attendant at the party was fairly tough.
i sometimes wasn't able to find where my heart was.
the only thing kept my mind stable was my old nikon f.
i decided to bring it with me mainly because i thought i needed something like a charm.
partly because i simply wanted to shoot something pretty with my film camera.
fortunately for me, though i haven't shot much color negative film recently (i prefer slide film for color photography), i was able to find some high speed color negative film in my film stock box.

though i felt a bit awkward when i found myself in the circle of unfamiliar people, i mostly enjoyed the party because of the food my friend carefully considered and prepared, and my old nikon.
she has a good memory and remembered that we are kind of vegetarian (we eat seafood but don't any meat product.).
almost all the food on the table was "well cooked" and could be eaten by us.
i was terribly stunned by the selection, and they were really well cooked.
in most parties, vegetarian food are celery, carrots and cucumber sticks, bite size raw broccolis and cauliflowers, leafy green laid under cold cuts and ...... well, ....that's it!
the food i had this time was not anything like that at all, and that actually was more than i expected.
as my friend has real considerateness and style as well, i had thought she would entertain us a lot.
and she perfectly did entertain us in a way that exceeded my expectation.

the party was such an enjoyable one, but i still missed every day and today's cold rainy monday.
on monday, the breakfast is more merciful and tasteful.
on monday, coffee smells more atmospheric.
on monday, cats seem to be calmer and more relaxed.
and i can't help finding tiny happiness here and there in my sweet home.


i hope you're having or already had a happy monday!

No comments: