November 17, 2010

welcome to my home 5



hi.
i've just finished my yard work.
raking.
after i moved in the new home, i have worked so hard outside, and that made the 85 year old neighbor lady tell me " you're one of the hardest worker i've ever seen."
hummm.
what honor.

today i want to introduce my kitchen and dining area to you.
the top picture is of the left side of the kitchen, and the second (below) is of the right side of it.
my kitchen has 3 windows facing the front yard and the street.
that allows me to be proud of how hard and well i worked on the yard.
also i'm happy with seeing people, dogs and even neighbor's outside cats walking on the street.
because my area is very close to the park and there are a lot of tree here and there, i can see quite a big number of passersby everyday.
seeing how people winterize their clothes day by day is quite fun!



i have a big one piece granite counter in the kitchen, and it is used for multiple purpose.
i fix 3 meals on it, some small plants are sitting by the window, my 3 cats come sit by the window and gaze at outside in turn (my oldest cat "hamme" is in the picture above. he was gazing at outside, but when i was to shoot that, he then turned around and started to gaze at me and the polaroid camera. :) ), seasonal fruits lie in a basket on the counter, and my husband kneads his famous ultra thin pizza dough every sunday.
it grew on me so much now, though i hated this granite counter when i moved in.



and now, it's the time to introduce my new cat, maple to you.
she had been roaming around my house for 1 month from the day we moved in this home.
and i decided to let her in 1 month after moving-in because she seemed not to belong to anyone in this neighborhood (she gradually lost her weight, and that meant nobody fed her.), my 2 inside cats almost seemed to settle in a new home, the weather gradually but surely has been shifting toward that of winter and i couldn't neglect her.
because she had always been sitting by the huge maple tree in the back yard, her name had to be "maple".
she now loves to sit on the dining chair.



and this is the dining area.
it's situated between the kitchen and the living area.
do you remember i told you that i was working on refinishing the dining table and chairs about 2 months ago?
and they're there in the picture.
they used to have polyurethane finish on the cherry color stain.
i sanded the old finish away for both the table and chairs, and then i painted white and distressed for the chairs and adopted the soap finish without paining or staining for the table.
the soap finish is the traditional way in denmark.
because my dining set is danish, i thought it's the nice way to keep them look natural and simple.


so, this way, i am liking my new kitchen and dining.
i think i can deliver you a lot of delicious stories sometime soon.
keep up with here.

No comments: