November 5, 2010

good bye, for now.


(taken with sx-70 on color shade first flush film)

hi.

so, i'm not saying good-bye to you but to figs.
i've just done my lunch, and finished the last fig (likely).
i ate that with my favorite corn flakes and soy milk.

i'm sorry that i've been talking too much over figs this year, but i can't help because i haven't had so many fun over food recently.
nor i took picture.

just after i was into figs around the end of summer, i got involved in raging billows of buying a house, moving out and in, and remodeling and refinishing here and there.
and i also took a lot of pictures of figs this year somehow, so i don't have any difficulties to talk about figs with different pictures again and again here.

oh, speaking about figs from a different point of view, i have been wanting a fig tree in my yard.
if possible, i want plant trees of apple, persimmon and loquat as well.
these 3 plus fig is the very 4 most favorite fruits for me.
i think i'm the happiest if i were surrounded by these 4 kinds of trees.
apparently, my back yard is dominated by the humongous maple tree and she seems not to allow that dream comes true.

oh, maple tree!!
i have a news for you.
i've just decided to let the cat who was roaming around my house for a while and always sitting by the maple tree into my home.
she was always there since we started the new life here.
i've been concerning her a lot and my heart has been aching for her, but i just couldn't let her in because my 2 cats were so nervous with the new circumstance and needed some time to get adjusted.
but, on november first, which is the day another 1 month started after moving in, i successfully caught the cat and took her to the vet and had her checked her age, gender and health condition.
there i knew that she is "she", 2~3 years old and very healthy.
and i asked a doctor to inject some necessary vaccine with a certain decision.
on the way to my home, i stopped by a pet store and bought a pretty light blue collar for her.
i named her "maple" and told my husband that we are now 2 people and 3 cats family over the phone.

though only a month and a bit have past in a new home, we've already had a lot of stories.
figs have been always on my table during those days, and i'll say good-bye to figs and make another step.


have a fun weekend and not to forget to slow your clock Saturday night!

2 comments:

akanée said...

Envy you! I didn't eat much raw fig this year; they didn't come in at low price, and delicious ones were way too expensive for me. Instead I made comport of dried fig with red wine and some spices, and now enjoy it:)

Oh, it'd be lovely to have those fruit trees in the yard. When I was a kid and lived in a company apartment in Tokyo, there were a chestnut tree and persimmon tree, and enjoyed the fruits very much, though our family spent less than 2 years there, which means only 2 times I enjoyed the gift.

I love the photo as always, and hope your 3 cats will be getting along well together;))
Have a nice & restful weekend!

tomily said...

hi, akane-chin :))
i'm sorry about my word of "i'm tired of figs." ;P
so, this past weekend i didn't buy figs.
nor got persimmons, yet.
i have still a lot to do, and feel terribly busy everyday.
i had not been very excited over food recently, but just gotten figs every weekend as it had been scheduled.
but i admit that figs made my breakfast and lunch be tasteful midst of those hectic days.

btw, i like your creation over food!
how the dried fig comport sounds yummy!!
i always feel you're the real gourmet.

i like that lovely story of your childhood.
i know that how fruit trees make people's life and memory pretty.
maybe next year, after some necessary cleaning of the yard, i'll plant something hopefully.

thank you for our kind words as always :))
talk to you soon!