August 17, 2010

i'm on the middle of a seesaw.


(taken with sx-70 on 600 film)

hi.
i heard that today's high temperature is going to be quite close to 3 digits.
but now, it's not set in that condition,but still in the crisp and calm air of the morning.
and i'm deciding if i bake blueberry oat muffins or not.

sometimes a baking enthusiasm hits me suddenly, and i can't help baking something somehow once it sets on.
especially when ingredients are lying in the fridge or the pantry without any errands for them.

now i'm thinking of blueberry oat muffins.
i like blueberries and rolled oats.
and there are good amount of blueberries and rolled oats in the fridge and the pantry.
why not!!

but here's one big apprehension for doing that.
almost all the time after i eat baked goods, i have a nasty bloating problem.
mostly it comes with notorious water retention.
doesn't it sound disgusting?
yeah, it really is.
i'm not sure the exact reason for that, but there should be some agents which cause those problems on me in the ingredients.
i've already suspected flour and milk as both gluten allergy and lactose intolerance shows the symptoms of both.
but when i consume those separately, they don't affect me very much.
that's why i've been in trouble of persuading myself of a culprit.
and making things worst, i can't help baking in spite of this clueless state.

should i dissuade me from baking blueberry oat muffins?
or it should be allowed as an occasional pleasure? (i don't bake often at all, but very rarely.)
oh, i hear a tiny fairy is tweeting " you'd better to eat oatmeal" ......

4 comments:

Jen said...

you could use soy milk instead of regular milk for baking. i think there is sort of gluten-free flour you can use as well. perhaps wheat flour instead of white flour?

i've been tempted to make blueberry muffins myself, but it's far too hot today and i don't want to get all sweaty in the kitchen.

tomily said...

>hi, jennifer. :)
thank you for the suggestion.
i usually consume soymilk for my milk and use whole wheat flour for my floury food.
so, yeah, i'm really not sure what's the agent for the reaction.
and to my surprise, yesterday i baked something after all (but not blueberries' ;P) and ate that timidly, then didn't have anything disgusting!!
furthermore, i used a little amount of buttermilk and even butter, which i seldom use.
maybe it depends on my health condition, or i have to doubt that i got the problem from other food.

btw, after the baking yesterday, it hit 3 digits temperature here. ;(
needless to say, my home (especially around the kitchen) was terribly hot!!

akanée said...

So you baked your blueberry muffin! :))
I bet you took the photo, so that means now I have something I look forward to;)
Come to think of it, I don't eat muffin usually; maybe I have eaten it only a few times! I even don't remember when I eat it last time...!

Spicy sauce I recommend: now "食べるラー油" is very popular. You can find various kinds, you'll find that all the prefectures in Japan now make and sell some kind of it!
In Tokushima alone, I found several kinds of chili oil...!
I also recommend raw hot pepper, which is a product from your home town:)

tomily said...

>hi, akane-chin. :)
yeah, after a lot of consideration, i surrendered to the baking enthusiasm.
but what i got yesterday was not blueberry muffins!
so, after a lot of consideration, i decided not to use blueberries for my muffins. ;P

i know, i know that 食べるラー油!!!
the last time i was in japan (in april), my mom had me brig some flavors of those for mori-chan, and we liked that very much!!
they're not much hot, but very flavorful.
i've never gotten raw hot peppers in my hometown.
maybe i should check that out. :)
thank you for giving me hot information!