May 17, 2010

most favorite orange marmalade ever


taken with poraroid sx-70 on 600 film

how're you guys?
i feel terribly bad.
i'v lost my voice for more than 5 days.
firstly i lost my voice in rome.
yes, rome in italy.
because of the bad air quality there, the tiredness, the allergy, having caught a cold passed by my husband ;P
so, i've just accomplished my second visit to italy, then i'm afraid that the third visit is never gonna come.
i'm not sure, but i'm just in that mood now.
i hope someday i'll totally forget this pain like a cheerful dog.

anyway, i'm so relieved at my home.
air is clear, my cats are lying down by me, bread is fluffy and moist, and coffee is mild.
i'm just happy to listen to my cat's meow sipping my daily morning coffee in a big mug.

and, i'm also happy to say hello again to my favorite marmalade jam.
i don't remember if i told you i went back to japan and stayed there for about 3 weeks before the trip to italy.
the day before i left japan, my 3rd mom sent me and my 1st mom 6 big jars of homemade orange marmalade!
then i took 2 jars and my 1st mom keeps rest of 4 jars.
as soon as i came back to the U.S., i couldn't resist to open that new marmalade despite i have another jar of marmalade i'd already opened before i went back to japan.
i totally fell in love with my 3rd mom's lovely marmalade.
fyi, i decided to call my aunt in law "my 3rd mom" after i got married.
the 1st mom is my original mother, the 2nd mom is my mother in law, and the 3rd is her.
i don't know if you believe this or not, but the 3rd mom is really important, really the necessity.
even though the thing that i dare not to tell to my 1st and 2nd mom, i can tell her that very honestly.
and she listens that with very calm and kind comments.
i love her as much as my 1st and 2nd.

the bitterness and the soft sweetness of the marmalade gives me a little smile.
a little is enough now.
i want to feel the happiness of my daily life like that.


dear the orange marmalade,
a spoonful of you, golden orange drop is the best medicine to me.
i agree with the saying "good medicine tastes bitter." ;))
sincerely yours,
tomily

p.s. wish me getting my voice back!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

that is so sweet that you call your aunt-in-law 3rd mom.
that marmalade sounds delicious too.
hope you get better soon. :)

tomily said...

oh, thank you jennifer.
it's so nice of you to give me that pretty comment.
you know, sometimes some people just miss their right time to get married and have children, and so did my 3rd mom.
so, i decided to be her child because i love her so much :))

i wanna believe that i'm getting better. (still been ill enough ;P )