April 30, 2010

the pizza sitting on a table other than mine


taken with mamiya m645 on ektar100

hi guys.
do you thinik i'm improved a bit?
do you think i finally became a frequent blogger?
i hope so.

so today's story is also from the one i had in portland.

do you remember that i have been looking forward to eating pizza on every sundays which my husband makes for me?
i really love that pizza, and i don't eat any other pizza than that..... oh, correctly, i had not eaten.
i committed the affair ;P
while i stayed in portland, my hubby and i went to a brew and pizza place.
there is a brew pub we've been fallen in love and whose name is "laurelwood".
there're two locations in portland, and we usually go to the one on 23rd street.
so we went there first as usual, but only found that it's gone!!!
we're so shattered and went to another one in hollywood district, and this one is the brew and pizza place where we went this time.
our soul was lingering on our favorite one, but at the same time we felt happy to have a chance to visit another one because we had been so much interested in their specialized pizza served there.
needless to say, we ordered 2 pints of our most favorite beer in portland, whose name is "free range red", and pizza margherita in 15 inch.

conclusion.
i prefer my husband's pizza.
i love his most.
beer was good as usual, pizza was also good, but i love his.

i asked the girl who brought a pizza to us what happened to our favorite place and she said that it had been under the reconstruction because of its oldness and planned to be reopened in this April (so, it must've been by now).
well, we love that place because the place was old, actually it had originally been someone's granny's small pretty old house.
i hope the renovation was limited to minimum.


dear my pizza,
now i really know where my pizza is.
i'll wait you on my table :))
sincerely yours,
tomily

2 comments:

akanée said...

It's a shame your favorite old pizza place was closed:(( (I too hope they are doing the least work on it.)
I made pizza yesterday:)) Coincidence, isn't it? My recipe is rule-of-thumb reflecting my careless character, but it went well. I had forgotten buying a lot of graham flour which will be soon expired; I will make graham honey bread now that it's warm:) (I didn't feel like make some during the cold days;p)

I think an adult is considerate, sympathetic, and able to do something for the weak. Ah, an adult is a person with full of imagination. I think people without sensitivity, emotion, responsibility are just "being", below any other creature on the earth.

tomily said...

thank you for your comment and i'm sorry i'm writing back this late, akane ;)

well, i hope my old beer place (it's actually not a pizza place, only new one features pizza even though both of them are chain stores) has reopened their pretty granny's house without having changed a lot by now.
i'm hoping my next visit to portland is soon.
you know, i'm so much tired from the trip to italy and have been thinking of making that miserable trip up with some nice and cozy small trip.

well, thank you for letting me hear your thinking.
i think i don't have to tell you what made me write that post at another blog.
i want, or i need to make some end in my mind at the end of the month for that happening to keep my place (i mean my another blog and my mind as well) clean.
and now, i think i'm ok.
i'm clean out of indigestible emotion toward something probably important to me.
thank you for everything, akane :))
i really appreciate your kind support!