May 28, 2010

little but great apprehensions

taken with polaroid 180 on blue film

so, i have some apprehensions these days.
those can become more serious if they relate to food. (for me.)

well, i have two little-but-great apprehensions apparently.
you know, if you've loved something very much for long time, the problem with that must become much more serious.

so,i don't want to admit it, but i'm afraid that i can't enjoy coffee any more.
since i came home from italy, i've been sick.
i'm getting better and better day by day, but i came to notice that my favorite coffee doesn't taste good as before.
coffee hurts my throat and head.
and that fact hurts my mind.

i'm not sure if it's because i had lost my voice for more than a week.
my throat has been so sensitive originally, and when i get a lot of stress and tiredness, it easily gets perverse.
the trip to italy was kind of hard for me this time, and i firstly lost my voice on the last day of the trip in rome.
so, my throat might have been resisting any small stress since then.

or, i'm afraid that i had too much caffein in italy and my liver might take a defiant attitude after i came home.

anyway, i'm so sad that i can't enjoy coffee which had always entertained me a lot.
and i'm wondering if this situation is temporary one or everlasting one.

another apprehension is related to my favorite bagels.
i like beginning my morning with a bagel.
my favorite breakfast is always consist of a bagel + a cup of coffee (now i drink a cup of tea with a little bit soy milk) + yogurt.
even though my naturopathic doctor recommended me to replace a bagel with other nutritious menu like oatmeal or brown rice, i can't follow that.
and i've loved bagels from a grocery store next to my apartment.
i sometimes tried other bagels from other bakeries and grocery stores, but my most favorites have been always same.

recently i noticed that the store is changing their bagel style.
looks of new bagels are different from former bagels in terms of color, shape and weight.
so, they are totally different.
totally.
i was soooo disappointed with this incident.
i wanted to throw a tantrum, but instead of doing so i bravely decided to try new bagels telling me " you're an adult, aren't you?"

then, i tried a new bagel this morning finally.
it had blueberry flavor.
well, it wasn't that bad as i had been afraid.
it wasn't bad, but i loved former ones.
i'm missing my favorite ones.

i think i need some time to get used to newcomers and say good-bye to my old lovers.


my goodness, i'm experiencing hard time.
food related problems are serious to me.
as i probably told you before, breakfast is my most favorite meal of a day.
and two problems i talked to you today are both related to breakfast.
so serious.
i know only time will tell everything, i know.


dear breakfast,
you're always my joy.
and you're sometimes my anxious, too.
i know love is always like this, isn't it?
sincerely yours,
tomily

2 comments:

akanée said...

I've been about the same as you for a while, since I caught a cold, which I haven't still got out of. As for me, coffee which tastes only a little bit sour tastes no good. I used to have deep strong brewed coffee of very deep roasted beans, but now I prefer coffee brewed in "american" style of bitter deep roasted coffee. I guess it's because this persisting cold.
I'm not as earnest on cooking as before. Cooking was fun of trying an improvisation. but now it feels troublesome...haha.
Oh, I talked too much of myself.
Anyway, I do hope your appetite for coffee and loved bagel will come back! Have a nice day, dear tomilym:))

tomily said...

>hi, akane-chin :))
oh, what a coincidence!!
yeah, i had kind of same taste for coffee as you before.
then i became to prefer lighter flavor gradually.
and finally, this is it.

actually, i sometimes tried coffee with my breakfast recently, but it sadly didn't work.
i only felt bad because of strong flavor of coffee.
it's so sad.
it never happened to me before.

cooking?
nahh, let's skip that topic! ;P
here, another coincidence is happening!

so, thank you for your kind word as always :))
yeah, i hope you feel better and better too!