January 26, 2009

red bowls and blue plates

taken with polaroid

sometimes imagining as if i were around the table somewhere in the world other than around my table helps me to enjoy my ordinary food.

these red bowls and blue plates came from italy.
well, actually i bought these in portland, oregon last year.
there's a pretty ceramic tableware shop which deals largely in these colorful things made in italy on 23rd street near downtown portland.
since i used to live there for about 1.5 years, i am familiar with the town.
i've kept on visiting there since i said good-bye to the town (maybe 3~4 times a year), and my interest there are shopping things around table, searching for the yummiest bread in the town and hanging around its famous farmers market in summertime.

when i met these hardware on a simple table outside in front of the shop when it has a large sale, i just dreamt of the table in italy.
i closed my eyes, touched the plate and felt its material, inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly, soaked myself in the dry air of itaily, felt the atmosphere of its cheerfulness.
at the completion of this procedure, i decided to take these to my table in idaho.

this is the one of ways of refreshing my table.


dear red bowls and blue plates,
you traveled quite a long distance and finally have gotten a home.
so great welcome to the white cloth spread over my table.
please make yourself comfortable here :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.