January 23, 2009

french fries

taken with nikon-fe2

this shot was taken in japan.
while i stayed in japan for about 3 weeks last autumn, i went to one cafe twice.
firstly my friend who i met for the first time (we became friends through each other's blogs and flickr) introduced me to this pretty cafe in my hometown, and i went there again with my mom and husband because i really liked this place.

i'm not really a big fan of french fries, but i ate that at both visits.
for the first time she orderd and we shared it, second time i orderd for a huge-fun-of-potatoes guy (my husband ;)).
for both time we asked to sprinkle some vinegar on them, and that definitely made this fries much yummier, i believe.
thinness of potatoes, crispness of its skin, subtlety of taste, ..... all those combination and its beautiful balance were just beyond description!


dear french fries,
since i live in idaho, i was so proud of you as if my son had made success in japan. (actually i don't have any children ;)) )
it was a great moment that i missed my pretty idaho.
thank you french fries for making me to be sure of love for my land and idaho potatoes.
sincerely yours,
tomily

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Idaho potatoes are so great. Can't live without them.

tomily said...

>hubby, ;)
i know, i know, potatoes are your necessity :D

akanée said...

I love this blog of yours, tomily:)))

tomily said...

>thanks, akane!
i'm so encouraged as always :))