December 17, 2010

cooking madness


(taken with sx-70 on 600 film)

this time of the year i'm stunned by a lot of consideration to be made over cooking.
the closer it draws to the end of the year, the more disorderly my mind is cluttered.
x'mas holidays, the new year's day, .... ah...
what should i prepare for x'mas feast and how should i manage to fix the traditional japanese style new year's feast?!

the picture was taken on the new year's day this year.
as my husband and i are japanese by origin, we've kept eating this traditional style of japanese food to cerebrate the new year's day.
actually, i don't care it at all.
but i know that my husband cares it a lot.
so i've kept following his internal request even after we came to the u.s.
my wish that i live in the west coast because there're abundant of japanese food and seafood is easily doubled or tripled or more especially this time of the year.
i try not to come to that idea usually, but i can't wipe away this seasonal and occasional envy.
after all the frustration and headache, i work very hard to make them from scratch every year.
and this year is also unexceptional.

so, i definitely have to make a cooking list and a shopping list so that i don't get slammed at very end of the year.
i always think that cooking is all about planning.
by reviewing with this picture, i'll make an ultimate lists later today.

hope you'll have an enjoyable weekend.
don't get hastened so much!

2 comments:

akanée said...

During the 2 days when I was off the net, you uploaded three posts!;D
I've barely caught you up.
Oh, Italy. I've been interested in "Pray, Eat, and Love" (am I right?) but have not had the chance to see the film. Still Italy is one of the countries I've loved to visit, especially after I visited Greece. I fell in love with Mediterranean area, so not only Italy but other places I want to go and spend leisurely time.
Aside from whether I'd like to live in the future, I also wanna visit Kenya (or Tanzania), Portugal, Costa Rica, Argentina, Mexico, and Cuba!! Ohhh, looks like it's impossible to visit all these countries in my life....
But first of all, I'm thinking of going to France, which is my first loved foreign country (I was just 5 years old when attracted to that country!)

Oh, I talked too much of myself. Yes, at this time of the year, food is one of the top theme in life. I'm not sure if I will prepare something like "osechi" this winter holidays. I bet you'll make Osyogatu lovely with your osechi and decorations, and really look forward to seeing them in your photos:))
I wish I could visit you on New Year's;DD

I really hope your cat(s) are OK after licking the chocolate coating. I heard chocolate is very dangerous for dogs (and for cats as well, I guess) before.

tomily said...

hi, akane-chin. :)
you'd been off the net a while?
that's good, and i try to be in that way especially weekend, too.
we can easily get so many both welcoming and unwelcoming information from the net, right?

oh, thank you so much for worrying about my cat's bad attitude!
yeah, as i heard that chocolate can make domestic animals get severely poisoned, i felt cold sweat under my sweater, but fortunately they all were and are ok!
maybe that chocolate coating don't use very good pure chocolate. ;P

yes, yes, julia roberts' eat and something movie, i watched.
it made me miss italy soooo much.
though i've been falling in love with england since i was a kid, i want to return to italy.
your greece picture even made me miss southern italy!
since i'm always amazed how you're an international girl, i can understand the list you made for future trip plan.
we have our own places, and love own cats who like to stay their own places, but we're still dreaming of next trip!
that's funny!!

i'll try to please mori-chan with osechi-ryori as much as possible, and thank you for your kind word. :)