December 28, 2010

amidst festivity


(taken with polaroid 180 on chocolate film)

hi.
how's your holiday season going on?
here snow has just started to rage around in the air, and it's a quiet wednesday morning.

not many words have come to me lately, so i've been rather absent here.
today i don't have much to say yet, just a small talk over the christmas feast we've just had a couple days ago.

as we decided to be as simple as possible to celebrate christmas, so was the feast.
we started with 2 kinds of cheese (brie and blue cheese) and fresh fruits, crudites with hummus, artisan country bread and champaign.(the picture above is of those.)
for main dish, i fixed seafood pasta.
it was satisfying and cozy meal.

oh, i have to say this!
we're really pleased with panettone bought at the co-op a couple weeks ago.
as i told you before, i whipped heavy cream with good pinch of kirsh and topped slices of them.
the subtlety of combination of those was beyond description.
it must be repeated next year.

now i'm feeling too much pressure over the new year holidays and trying not to get irritated.
i suggested my husband that we should chose either christmas or a new year's day to celebrate because it's too much for me to celebrate both.
i can't help but feel this is the japanese wife who lives in the u.s.'s sad fate.
am i too fussy over these things and you're willing to celebrate both?


stay warm, keep satisfied.:)

2 comments:

akanée said...

I live in Japan, but I perhaps hope at the bottom of my heart that I wanna celebrate both, or that I don't wanna do anything for both;p
The me now feels like the latter, as you know.

Oh, I came here wanting to say this: thank you so much!! I am really impressed and dazzled by the photos. The calendar (oooh, now I found that I learned the spell incorrectly!) is the one I love most so far. All the photos are soooo wonderful! I'm almost envious.

I've been beaten somehow and reluctant to do anything for long. Can't keep motivated. I'm so thankful to you that you spare your time kind of "chatting" with me on-line. I hope the coming year will be a fulfilling one to you and me:) Best regards to Mori-chan and your cats:)) Ciao!

tomily said...

hi, akane-chin.
thank you for the wishes for the new year!
i hope you'll be pleased with a lot of happy accident, too. :))
btw, talking about the calendar(i don't know how you'd misspelled till now, but don't worry, i do that a lot, too. ;P), i'm so glad to hear your words for that.
yeah, to me cats are the most significant symbol of 2010, so i decided to adopt the concept.
i've always wanted to take such cat pictures as you've been taking for long, you're definitely the most influential inspirer for me over those pictures used in the calendar.
i really want to thank you for that. :)

oh, you've already known that i've fixed something for christmas and the new years day,but they didn't taste very good or supposed to be.
you know why and now i'm struggling to get my sanity back.
i know that keeping everyday tasks done correctly helps a lot, and i'm just doing that though still out of mind.
i really appreciate your generous support as always.
i'll keep in touch with you closely this year as well! :))
happy new year to you, dear.

love