September 13, 2010

more figs


(taken with sx-70 on 600 film)
hi.
it is peaceful monday, again.
i always find monday peaceful, i've noticed it somehow.
of course i love weekend so much, but so much love sometimes gets me tired and confused.
then monday is always peaceful whether it shines or rains, and i'm relieved so much with it.

and, more figs are coming to my fridge as the temperature is going down and the climate is flowing toward fall.
in my area only the co-op sells figs.
i haven't found figs anywhere than the co-op here.
the co-op puts the price tag of $4.99/lb almost always.
i haven't seen so much exception other than only one exception that a couple years ago they were put the $3.99/lb tag on as they were shriveled. (and of course, i bought those shriveled figs!)



though i only go to the co-op on saturdays (and that means i only buy figs on saturdays) because i live a bit far away from it, i think that's good for me to save our money.
i won't forget that i gazed at $4.99/lb price tag and fought with something in my mind so many times from the end of summer through mid-fall as i get old.



i'm still working on a lot of projects, and i'm sure this month is a big monster.
i'm moving out of our apartment to our new house.
we've chosen and bought that.
the long long, seemingly everlasting closing process is going on, and i'm preparing moving into it.
because we've already given a vacation notice to the apartment office, we necessarily move out of here at at least the end of this month.
so, i don't mind that the corner of the living room is now kinda furniture makers' studio as i told you before.
i'm working on furniture as long as possible everyday.
i'm tired, but still full of excitement.
i'm going to move in our new home!!

have a pretty monday!

2 comments:

akanée said...

Hee-haaa! how're you, tomilyn?
I kind of feel as if it's rather long time no see you.
I've been concerned about you , wondering if you'redoing fine. But I didn't dare to ask you nor email you in the hope that you're busy with your project. And so it seems: You've got your new house finally! Wow!! I'm excited to hear and imagine how it is. Wowwww...
Now I'm looking forward to hearing from you about the way it is going. How it looks your new home. Meanwhile I'll enjoy my life, because it's the beginning of my favorite season though it's still way too hot. It's the season we can enjoy lovely yummy seasonal foods like fig:))

xoxo

tomily said...

hi, akane-chin!!
i know, i know that we haven't talked much recently.
but i've been following your blog and kinda sure that you've left me kindly with the guess that i've been busy, so there's nothing to worry about. :)
yeah, we've finally gotten a house, and the process is now going on and unfortunately very behind. ;P
i'm afraid we're really able to vacate this apartment house at the end of sep., but such worrisome idea just makes me crazy, so i'm trying not to think about it so much.
because i wanted to bring our furniture to our new home in the condition i'm satisfied with, i've been working on them form early in the morning through the night.
it's been so tough!!

my mom has always complaint about this year's crazy weather of japan, i feel sorry about that for my beloved people in japan including you!!
take care, and make the most of the crazy climate! ;)

p.s. i ate a bagel and a fig for my breakfast today, and i'm happy. :))