August 5, 2010

tiny dangling pebbles


(taken with sx-70 on 600 film)

hi.
i utterly feel summer recently probably in a different way from which people usually do.
my days are so constant for at least last 1 month.
and that constancy makes me feel summer.

as weather seldom changes, so does the temperature; hot with no exception.
and i don't have any more big plans for this summer.
because i'm not an outdoor person, i don't have much reason and purpose to go out bravely under deadly heat.
and also the air fare is outrageously high this summer and offers less chances.
all those factors compel me to spend my days in a same cycle.
it may sound like humdrum, and it actually is.
but that's not bad at all, at least for me for now.

for one thing, it gives me reminiscence of my elementary school days.
;got up early in the morning to participate in a group exercise held in a nighbor park ( you must've remembered the famous "ragio-taiso", japanese readers!), then had a simple breakfast with natural light and still cool air, struggled with a bunch of homework assigned for a summer vacation before the sun hit the top, after lunch sometimes went to a swimming pool in the school behind my home, played with friends, and so on.
for most of 40 days of summer vacation, i spent my days that weary way.
but i think i didn't complaint about that, because i must've thought that's the summer.

now i spent my days like that way after all 20 and some years.
i ridiculously feel the freshness about this under the influence of such a reminiscence.
now, i do a half an hour papers reading and writing something trifle in english instead of my homework once i used to do, go to the gym instead of participating in a group exercise, and breakfast with pretty sunlight and crisp air is an everlasting pleasure.


sometimes i noticed unchanged things in me, and i'm glad to have kept that still.
then, i'm assured how deeply and stubbornly i'm me.


in the top pic, there is one pairs of my ear rings i wore that day next to a white bowl.
it was taken just after i ate all up a bowl of coffee flavored jelly, which, i think, is the most tasty summer dessert.
while i was eating that, i was pleased with the color match of the jelly and the small pebbles dangling from ear rings.
and i thought how i've been fond of tiny twinkling things and dangling things since i was a child.


have happy rest of summer days!

2 comments:

akanée said...

meow:))
I love the new design of the title bar! It's very you!!

I just worry about you. Are you all right? You have been such an earnest blogger! ;D
But I guess and I know well it's good for you to do something on daily basis.

Every 9 o'clock in the morning I can hear the piano music of "radio taiso" from the car company near by;))

p.s. I'm worried about myself: don't I use too much "katakana" in my comment and email? Well, it's sometimes appropriate, but as you say, sometimes gives someone bad impression.

tomily said...

>hi, akane-chin :))
yeah, i'm doing quite all right with this blog, and further more, i'm enjoying this!
writing something in english seems very natural for me- for one thing, i read papers and watch tv in english here, though i sometimes make word and grammar mistakes. ;P
also, i noticed that my feeling is easier to be described in english probably because it is too direct and wants to be straight forward.
i can't explain this very well, and i think you've already understood this better than me.

oh, you don't have to worry about your word in the letters sent to me!
yours were always fine, and i know you and you know me better than words describe.
probably only when the word is an important information to tell what kind of person he/she is, i do mind that point.
so, no worry is necessary between us. :))
but i'm sorry that i made you felt afraid.