January 29, 2009

a slice of toast

taken with nikon-fe2

i think i'm a bread person.
although i was born and raised in one of rice countries, japan, i admit that i prefer bread.

thinking about from when i have been like that, it started quite long long ago, probably from the age i don't have enough memories of myself at.
when i was a child, i had really a sweet tooth, also had an extreme preference for food.
i hardly enjoyed almost anything fixed for lunch and dinner but for breakfast.
my family's breakfast used to be some bread and some more, and breakfast usually had something sweet like fruits jam that cradled my little heart.
from my quite earlier age, i have been a morning person.
i'm good at waking up early in the morning, enjoying my breakfast of bread, being happy from thinking of the day with the first natural light of the day.

so, i think bread is something symbolic, something related to ritual of the day, something like a good-luck charm for me.


dear a slice of toast,
your warmth, your smell, your touch just makes me the happiest person in the world.
so i've been wishing that my true love for you won't be interrupted by celiac disease.
sincerely yours,
tomily

No comments: